Who is this course for?
This course is ideal if you want to improve your English while practising skills that will help you in your career and workplace.
What will I learn?
Learn Business related subjects such as Human resources, Marketing, Finance, IT and Skills for work. Sample topics are as following:
- Writing a successful CV
- Preparing for job interviews – questions to ask and questions to answer
- Social media platforms and types of campaigns
- Language style for different marketing campaigns
- Analysing and discussing balance sheets and profit & loss accounts
- Computer and technology related vocabulary
- Preparing and delivering a presentation in a professional environment
- Language and culture of negotiations
- Writing work emails
- Managing a project effectively
Coursebooks: Business Vocabulary Builder, Grammar for Business, Market Leader, In Company, Presenting English, Telephone English, Email English, Business Result, Business Benchmark. A, Role Plays for Today. It is supplemented by a variety of other materials to suit the class’ needs.
What will I achieve?
- Gain greater awareness of the skills needed for the workplace
- Increase confidence in using English in a business environment
- Improve communication skills and fluency
What can I do next?
- Use your new English and career skills to get a promotion or a new job
- Use your new skills and experience to apply for higher education
- Prepare for an IELTS or Cambridge Exams qualification
|Intake Dates||4 January – 12 March||6 April – 11 June||4 October – 10 December|
|Duration||30 lessons per week|
|Price||£3,570 (10 weeks)|
|General English (9:00-11:50am) 15 lessons|
|English Plus Module 1 (12:30-1:20pm) 5 lessons|
|English Plus Module 2 (1:30-2:20pm) 5 lessons|
|General English (2:30-4:10pm) 10 lessons|