Who is this English for business course for?
This course is ideal if you want to improve your English while practising skills that will help you in your career and workplace.
What will I learn?
Learn Business related subjects such as Human resources, Marketing, Finance, IT and Skills for work. Sample topics are as following:
- Writing a successful CV
- Preparing for job interviews – questions to ask and questions to answer
- Social media platforms and types of campaigns
- Language style for different marketing campaigns
- Analysing and discussing balance sheets and profit & loss accounts
- Computer and technology related vocabulary
- Preparing and delivering a presentation in a professional environment
- Language and culture of negotiations
- Writing work emails
- Managing a project effectively
Coursebooks: Business Vocabulary Builder, Grammar for Business, Market Leader, In Company, Presenting English, Telephone English, Email English, Business Result, Business Benchmark. A, Role Plays for Today. It is supplemented by a variety of other materials to suit the class’ needs.
What will I achieve?
- Gain greater awareness of the skills needed for the workplace
- Increase confidence in using English in a business environment
- Improve communication skills and fluency
What can I do next?
- Use your new English and career skills to get a promotion or a new job
- Use your new skills and experience to apply for higher education
- Prepare for an IELTS or Cambridge Exams qualification
|Intake Dates||4 January – 12 March||6 April – 11 June||4 October – 10 December|
|Duration||30 lessons per week|
|Price||£3,570 (10 weeks)|
|General English (9:00-11:50am) 15 lessons|
|English Plus Module 1 (12:30-1:20pm) 5 lessons|
|English Plus Module 2 (1:30-2:20pm) 5 lessons|
|General English (2:30-4:10pm) 10 lessons|