- Planned and focused: answers the question and demonstrates an understanding of the subject.
- Structured: is coherent, written in a logical order, and brings together related points and material.
- Evidenced: demonstrates knowledge of the subject area, supports opinions and arguments with evidence, and is referenced accurately.
- Formal in tone and style: uses appropriate language and tenses, and is clear, concise and balanced.
In this module students will have a chance to practise the writing skills for academic purposes as well as various academic styles. They will also be exposed to writing in exam contexts and exam techniques.
Academic writing is clear, concise, focussed, structured and backed up by evidence. Its purpose is to aid the reader’s understanding.
It has a formal tone and style, but it is not complex and does not require the use of long sentences and complicated vocabulary.
Each subject discipline will have certain writing conventions, vocabulary and types of discourse that you will become familiar with over the course of your degree. However, there are some general characteristics of academic writing that are relevant across all disciplines.
- Develop their writing skills for academic purposes
- Increased their ability to plan, organise and edit writing effectively
- Increase their ability in developing and supporting ideas for writing
- Increased grammatical and lexical range and accuracy for writing purpose
Timetable (Academic writing skills module is delivered between 12:30-2:20pm as below, and you can choose one lesson or two lessons per day)
General English (9:00am – 11:50am) 15 lessons
English Plus Module 1 (12:30-1:20pm) 5 lessons
Academic Writing Skills
English Plus Module 2 (1:30-2:20pm) 5 lessons
Academic Writing Skills
General English (2:30-4:10pm) 10 lessons
Chart Your Progress
At TopUp Learning London (Tti), we have a clear, student-centred and supportive process for improving your English language level.
Every Week, Every Lesson
- Your progress
- Your learning goals
- Your study plan and course options
- How to apply for jobs or university
One-to-One Progress Tutorial
Your New English Level
Want to study with scholarship? Our lessons are approved from BILDUNG URLAUB, find out more information @ https://www.bildungsurlaub-sprachkurs.de/standorte/sprachschule/topup-learning-london-tti/